You can't make your heart feel something it won't

November 16, 2011


Original performed by Bonnie Raitt

I'm really lucky to be in love, but sometimes, I miss these heartbreaking moments. I guess, in this relationship, I hope that I never feel this type of heartache, but the lyrics still get you. The desperation is gut-wrenching, and Justin Vernon takes it to another level. It's so beautiful and tragic.

Outwardly, I feel that I am a generally happy person. I have a pretty great life, a great job, great friends and family, and a great and beautiful man.. but I still relate to this type of sadness--this type of tragedy. Somehow, somewhere, I feel that I relate to these feelings. It's not to say that I am unhappy, but I think there's a constant loneliness that I'll have forever.

It's not even masochism or a self-loathing kind of feeling. I don't pity myself. I'm thankful for my list of great things, but I still feel lonely. But don't we all?

Maybe it's this damn weather.