No coffee?

February 19, 2010

No coffee.

During the great blizzard of 2010, I decided to go easy on the coffee. And by go easy, I mean cut it out temporarily. For a large portion of my life I greatly relied on coffee. I'm not an all-day coffee drinker, but I needed it to survive my day because without coffee, 4pm comes around and I am falling out of my chair and into a coma. It's terrible. With the coma comes an un-tiredness come midnight which leads to 4 hours of sleep and a need for coffee in the morn. And the cycle continues.

Like kicking any addiction, I got headaches and was cranky. The headaches were bad. But here I am, weeks without coffee and a reliance on a full 6-7 hours of sleep a night. A cup of tea in the morning and I am ready to go with my day. I have replaced coffee with tea, which is still caffeine, but if only you could see how dark the black was in my French press.

I plan on returning to my lovely French press in the near future, I just think I needed to kick the terrible schedule I was on. Why do I tell you this? Because it is a feat. If you know me.