Fiesta

May 10, 2011



The fiesta was a blur. I wanted to keep things small and invited a couple handfuls of people--a handful of whom did not show up, whether it was my fault for not answering my phone or the fact that some people aren't down anymore.. does not matter. I made the strongest margaritas known to mankind and those thirsty enough were well-hydrated. By the end of the night there were random people in my apartment, someone passed out on my couch, lesbians kissing and a very sticky floor. I don't even think I took any of these pictures, which explains the blurriness.







My Cinco de Mayo spread: Tacos! chicken, tofu (for the vegetarians), frijoles, arroz, pico de gallo, corn salsa, queso fresco, corn tortillas, salsa, and a pastel de tres leches. I think I did Mexico (pronounced MEH-he-co) proud.

Did you know burritos aren't native to Mexico? They were invented in the Southwest and Mexicans adopted them because Americans liked them so much. Give it up for Americans to shove a bunch of food in a gigantic flour tortilla and be stoked. No wonder Americans are fat. My favorite part of visiting south Texas was getting tacos. They are teeny tiny tacos of the yummiest meat, only topped with chopped onions and cilantro. Sprinkle it with lime juice and that was that. Perfecto.