Long weekend

September 02, 2011


Rockaway Beach, NY. August 2011
skeptical adjective showing doubt
doubt verb to be uncertain about; consider questionable or unlikely; hesitate to believe.
fear noun a distressing emotion aroused by impending danger, evil, pain, etc.
happy adjective delighted, pleased, or glad, as over a particular thing; fortunate or lucky.
luck noun the force that seems to operate for good in a person's life.
life noun a corresponding state or principle of existence conceived of as belonging to the soul.

- - -

Lanvin FW ad campaign.

Alex's side of the birth story.

Police standoff ends peacefully. (Just the tip)

M83 - Intro (featuring Zola Jesus) from the Oct. 18th album Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

My wife is on the cover of October Vanity Fair.

New Ryan Adams - "Lucky Now"

Michelle Bachman: "Who likes white people?" and Jesus Christ.

Ai Weiwei: Circle of Animals/Zodiac Heads at LACMA.

Matthew Fox punches a woman in her vagina?

Sinead O'Connor's personal ad.

East Village Eats

Mike Vallely FRONT wallpaper for your desktop.

Too soon?

Archives at the Viper Room this weekend.

Colorado logger amputates own toes to free himself.

T.I. released.

- - -

In my adolescence, my birthday always felt like a pretty big thing, in that it was always a long weekend of end-of-summer BBQ's and pool parties that my mom organized. In my old(er) age, I can't remember the last time I had a birthday party. I don't consider myself a birthday person.. mostly because I don't like all of the attention.

My driver's license expires on my birthday and the cashier at the Trader Joe's Wine Shop mentioned that they only accept expired ID's for a month after the expiration date, which I don't understand. I have a new driver's license, but it doesn't make sense that I wouldn't be able to purchase alcohol if my license is expired because the sole purpose of the license is to prove how old I am, right? Unless I'm missing something. If you can explain that, please educate me.

I'm going to keep using the expired ID and see how much flack I get.

Have a nice Labor Day weekend.