LHC

March 30, 2010

In case you didn't know, there's a $10 billion dollar structure in Geneva called a Large Hadron Collider. I don't know how it works, but the gist is that it collides subatomic particles to make them even smaller, and it succeeded this morning at three times the highest energy levels previously recorded.

What's the point of the LHC? To uncover the mysteries behind the universe. WhoOaAaa~ i.e. The Big Bang Theory. And then, there's the Higgs particle which is just a theory that is supposed to appear using the LHC, which basically is supposed to explain Mass in the universe.

Do you know HOW much money is put into this thing? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure a $9 billion dollar project to build a larger LHC was just set aside. That's $9 billion dollars flushed.

I think it's cool (slash scary) that scientists and technology are pushing forward. We all know our President is all for technological advances and sees it a priority, but if I was the ruler of the world, I would put all technological funding on hold and make sure third world countries are brought up to speed.. AKA maybe have running water and bathroom systems. You know, things We take for granted everyday.

Anyways, Large Hadron Collider woop-di-do's here.