Geekend

June 17, 2011


I can see you but you can't see me.

Last week + the beginning of this week was all about self-pity and homesickness. Now, it's less self-pity, the same amount of homesickness and more of "I'm going to conqueer the world". All of my bestest friends have returned home (to California) and I am feeling left out. I must plan a trip. Soon. Or I will go crazy.

I've become addicted to the feeling of being sore after a workout. You know, the type of pain that makes you walk funny. The type of pain that makes you sit uncomfortably on the 40-minute train ride to work. The type of pain that makes it hard for you to scratch your.. ear. But it feels so good. Maybe I'm a masochist.

I was lucky enough to see a screening of Lars von Trier's new film Melancholia a few days ago. One couldn't help but compare it to Tree of Life and oddly enough, as Erik was signing me in, he said the person signed in before us was a "Terrence Malick Jr." Peculiar. The film was genuinely beautiful (in a tragic way). It was a pretty movie. Depressing, but pretty. It's a shame what happened to him (Lars von Trier) at Cannes, but after reading his interview in the press packet, you can understand where it's coming from. He's a sick/weird/funny dude.

Tons of Alexander Skarsgard in my life as of late: GQ cover, Interview cover, editorial in Vogue (posted below), Melancholia, an enormous True Blood billboard outside of the office anddd I sent him something for my boss this week. Go away.

- - -

New York is so close to gay marriage.

Katy Perry's new video makes me love her again.

The Tony Awards opening act and Hugh Jackman's bit were so good. Raise your hand if you think Wolverine is gay.

Tupac biopic in the works.

A plot to murder Joss Stone failed.

Pret-a-Surf on Refinery29!

L.A. Film Fest this week!

Montel Williams is opening a medical marijuana dispensary..

- - -

Most times, when I ask you a question, I already know the (correct) answer.

Have a good weekend my creepies.