I miss you

August 28, 2009



I am absolutely, 100%, spoiled. Growing up in California (in and around Los Angeles and Orange County), I am spoiled with the finest things in life. Most importantly: the weather and food. People who haven't been to California, or haven't LIVED there, will never understand that it is a magical place to live. People say New Yorkers are more "real" or "in-your-face/that's the way it is" but I think people mistake "real" for crabiness. I'm sorry you have to take it out on the rest of the world that you have shitty weather all year round. California weather is undeniable. Oliver used to say that having shitty weather makes you appreciate days when it's gorgeous out, but he's moving to Orange County, so I guess there isn't much to appreciate over here anymore.

I'm just saying, with this stretch of thunder/lightning storms and humidity all summer long, I wish I was hanging out at the beach on a Tuesday morning and don't know what I was thinking in leaving California to begin with. I've made my bed, so I must lie in it, but it doesn't mean I'm not heading straight HOME when this is done for. I thought that New York would be my calling after Baltimore, but even then, New York has become extremely plain. Who knows.

I'm hungry!