Lea T on Oprah

February 23, 2011



and here's a previous Lea T interview.

My brother used the word "gender" in the wrong context and I explained to him the difference between sexuality, gender, and sex. I also remember watching something involving Khloe Kardashian where she was judging a drag contest (the contestants were to dress up in drag as her) and she'd pick a winner. She kept using the word "tranny" or something when it was a drag contest. There are no trannies present.

I think it's important to know the difference between drag and transperson, and the difference between gender and sex. I don't think it's my place to explain them to you, but I just want to make sure you know that there is a difference, because it's important.

On another note, I don't know how much longer I can tolerate my friends calling things "gay". The defense is, "it's just a figure of speech," but it really isn't. I broke it down and it probably made them uncomfortable, but I'm okay with that. If it helps, I want them to feel uncomfortable every time they say it, to the point where they won't say it anymore. And that's two less people in the world using homophobic jargon.