Tuesdays

May 26, 2010



Beau and I went to a private screening of this film at the Sony Screening Room on Madison that is coming out next week. The theater was really small with couches and gigantic seats that were extra comfy. There were only a dozen people in the room, mostly press. I think that's the only way I ever want to watch a movie! The film was beautiful. I loved the way it moved--never reaching a climax and constantly leaving you on the edge. It's one of those films that leave a lot of the information out and create a general outline, but it's more in the presentation than the story-at-heart, though it's definitely about family and the obligations one feels to family. At least that's what I got from it, far from what the trailer reveals.

After, we went to a V Magazine party somewhere near Columbus Circle. It's so easy to get caught up in New York--free drinks, loud music, good-looking (mostly good-looking) people and parties on Tuesday nights. I don't know if I love it or loathe it, but for now, it's fun.