It used to be

September 30, 2009



I posted about 150 photos in Facebook yesterday. Best of 2006, Best of 2007, Best of 2008. I'm relatively new to Facebook and since I wasn't around for those three years, I thought I'd add the photos that would've probably ended up on it. Needless to say, the reactions were all the same. I think I got over 50 comments about how amazing that moment was. It's strange because I took every comment pretty emotionally. Pete said it the best, that it was a simpler time and wishes he could go back in time, to The Good Times. I wish the Dude was around just one year earlier to experience what it was like. He caught 2008, but it wasn't the same. By that time it was over and few were hanging on by a thread. I was hanging on by a thread. Trying to capture every moment I could.

I don't take photos of people anymore because there's nothing to take photos of. How can you top that time? How can there be another? There can't.

I'm over holding on to the memories because I have to let them go. I mean, I have let them go. But I think bringing them back last night was the perfect time. Some people have gone through big changes, and maybe it makes them sad to think of what Used To Be, but maybe it makes them smile because it-used-to-be.