Kale chips

October 25, 2010





I don't know about you, but whenever I buy kale I can never finish the whole bundle before it goes bad. So I've been making kale chips! It's such an amazing alternative to potato chips and perfect for people who can't resist nibbling on something every hour.



KALE CHIPS

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees

It's extra easy: just tear the suckers off that tough middle part into reasonably sized pieces.

Rub some olive oil (or veg oil) on them with your fingers, making sure to get in between all of the folds and curves. It's a little tedious, but with the right mood it can be really relaxing. Really try and use olive oil because it's healthier and it tastes better. Just be sure not to go too heavy with it.

I sprinkle a little bit of freshly grated parmesan cheese for some salty flavor, as opposed to using salt.

Spread them out on a baking sheet and roast for 10 minutes. (But keep an eye on them!)

I'm sure they'll keep for almost a week in an air-tight container or bag, but honestly, they don't last that long :)