Roasted crimini mushrooms & kale on top of creemy sweet pots

October 27, 2010



I eat meat at least once a week but most of the time, especially because of the Dude, my meals are mostly vegetarian. This is one of my favorites and shall soon be a staple. And it's so easy! I even took some over to Ok Natural for Peter to have for dinner.



ROASTED CRIMINI MUSHROOMS & KALE WITH CHEESY SWEET POTATOES
Sorry I don't have measurements! That's not how I cook :\

crimini mushrooms
kale
sweet potatoes
vegetable stock
milk
paprika
olive oil
salt
pepper

Preheat the oven to 400

Boil sweet potatoes in vegetable stock until soft. Drain most of the liquid (leave about 1/4 cup) and add some milk (just enough to make it moist), cheddar, paprika, salt & pepper. Mash it up.

Toss the mushrooms with some olive oil, salt & pepper.

Roast for 20 minutes

Toss the kale with olive oil, salt & pepper.

Roast for 10. (Put the kale in 10 minutes into the mushrooms)

Assemble as you please.

Tammy's notes:
Sweet potatoes go cold quite quickly, so either cover in some aluminum or time your cooking so they can be done just as things are coming out of the oven.