Cat Whisperer part 3

October 21, 2010

It's been a few weeks since I've met the kittens and after hours of playing with them, worrying about them, feeding them, loving them.. I've decided to leave them be. I stopped playing with them because I was getting too attached, especially to the baby. Sydney, I've named it. I shouldn't have, but I did. Isn't that the first rule to detachment? Don't name it? And I think that applies for when you're getting raped too. You're supposed to tell your rapist your name and things about yourself to make you feel real, as opposed to a rape object.

I want to have Sydney. I want to take him to the vet and get rid of his worms and get him (or her, but I'll call it him because I want him to be a boy) his shots and get him a collar and tags and a place to poopie and a bowl for his food and a squishy bed and toys.. but I know my schedule and I know my life. With traveling and not being 100% certain where I'll be in a year, I don't want to be one of those people that gets a kitten because they're cute and gives them away in a year. It's a little selfish, no?

Previously: Cat Whisperer and Cat Whisperer part 2