Have a nice weekend

July 22, 2011


I look really happy

Things from the web:

Anderson being so cute in Cartagena.

Coffee in Los Angeles.

There's a famine in Somalia.

Animal Rights Conference at the L.A. Convention Center this weekend.

New video for Pusha T & Tyler's new jam.

Fake Apple stores popping up in China.

New vegan/rawfoods restaurant in Los Angeles.

Another legend falls.

Today is Rachel's big birthday bash!

- - -

Last week was a really selfish week. I was so caught up in my own bullshit that I forgot about the stuff that actually matters, which doesn't involve me at all. There's been a paradigm shift that has brought me new air to breathe and new eyes to see. My day-to-day is so silly and petty. To them, this is the most important thing in the world. To me, it's trivial. I believe that I could love my "job" but ultimately, it's for something else, not for me. This is a means to an end or more, a means to a bigger goal. It's not to say that I live a false life but my intentions are different than they appear on the surface and I'm okay with that falsity that is displayed. As long as I get there, this will all be worth it.

Ignorance is definitely bliss. Jake used to ask me why I looked so sad all the time. While I'm not actually feeling sadness at that moment, in the back of my mind/heart/soul, there's always something looming. I am by no means all-knowing, but the more I learn about the world the sadder it gets. I want to know as much as I can, no matter what it is. But the thing with trying to learn about new things is that once you open those doors, you realize how much you don't know. So that darkness gets bigger and bigger. And you feel smaller and smaller.

"Happiness in intelligent people is the rarest thing I know."
-Ernest Hemingway